Add some greenery to your space! Today I am sharing how to make this simple and inexpensive DIY topiary in 5 easy steps!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission, at NO additional cost to you.
With the arrival of spring, I have started updating my spring porch. I am just starting to make some progress. So far, the floor has had a new coat of paint. I have been thinking of stenciling the floor. I will be trying out my stencil in one of the corners to see how it looks before I commit to stenciling part or all of the floor. I am thinking that a stenciled border might look good. We’ll see!
Today I am sharing quick and easy DIY for adding some classic decor and greenery to this space. Today we’re making a DIY topiary. When I say quick and easy, I really mean it. I am a working mom. My crafting is usually done later in the day, around my family’s schedule. That’s real life. So instead of complicated projects, I need to keep it simple…like 5 easy steps kind of simple. Seriously, you can make this while dinner is cooking.
- a green stryafoam block
- a green styrafoam ball (or spray paint it green!)
- a stick
- an artificial boxwood garland (I bought mine at Michael’s with a 60% off coupon!)
- a flowerpot or container (I used these Dry Brush Painted Flower Pots I had made last year.)
- Spanish moss
- wire cutters
- hot glue
- floral pins
How to Make Your Topiary
- Using a floral pin, attach the end of the garland to the bottom of your styrafoam ball.
- Wrap the garland around the ball, adding a floral pin or dab of glue where necessary.
- Using a pair of wire cutters, snip additional pieces of boxwood from the unused garland. Hot glue these pieces to fill in any bare spots.
- Push your stick into the garland-covered ball and then into the styrafoam block..
- Glue the green styrafoam block into your container or flower pot. Add Spanish moss to the top of the flower pot to cover styrafoam block.
This DIY topiary is such an easy and inexpensive way to add some greenery to your home!
If you would like to save this for later, pin it here!