Welcome! I’m Lynne and I am so glad you are here!
Hi there! Welcome! I’m Lynne. I am a Connecticut wife, mom, and elementary school teacher by day and a fun-loving crafter, cook, and home decor enthusiast by night! I started My Family Thyme as a place to share my love for all things home and family. Here you will find a mix of simple crafts, savory recipes, and sensible DIY projects. I hope you will feel inspired and find joy while creating a home you love. Thank you so much for joining me here!
A Little More About Me
- Pumpkin coffee with cream is my favorite way to start the day.
- I have always been a crafter. All of my creativity was nurtured by my grandmother as I was growing up.
- I am very thrifty and often begin projects by saying, “I bet I could make that!”
- I get my green thumb and love of the outdoors from my grandfather. You’ll most likely find me outside “puttering” during the summer months.
- Yellow labs make me smile. I love my sweet puppy, Sadie.
- You can never have enough flowers. Hydrangeas, peonies, ranunculus, and lilacs are a few of my favorites.
- I am currently obsessed with all things blue and white.
- I am very sentimental and have a hard time getting rid of things.
- It’s so much fun to mix old and new. I can’t resist a garage sale or a visit to the thrift shop, along with the occasional trip to Marshalls or Target.
- Family is everything to me. I am incredibly blessed with my amazing husband, Andy, and my two college-aged kids, Chris and Elisabeth. They are my joy and happiness.