Skinnytaste Cheesecake Cupcakes
Light and creamy, these sweet bite-sized cheesecake cupcakes from Skinnytaste are the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert!
It’s time for the January Pin Challenge! The purpose of the Pinterest Challenge is to motivate us to not just pin, but to make it happen! This month’s challenge is all about Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes.
I was inspired by this pin from one of my favorite food bloggers and am excited to share it with you!
My husband and I are on a health journey, using an app called Noom. We began on December 8th…right before the holiday season. We are both doing well. Not only are we losing weight, we are feeling better, have become more active, and are developing some positive lifestyle habits. These changes feel good. So with Valentine’s Day approaching, I have been thinking about what dessert I can make that we would all enjoy, but won’t sabotage the progress that my husband and I have made. The answer is these Cheesecake Cupcakes from Skinnytaste. I originally made them last summer for the Fourth of July, and they were a big hit. You would never know that this recipe is a low fat/ low calorie recipe because it is so creamy, so versatile and oh so tasty!
The Original Recipe
Skinnytaste Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 12 reduced fat vanilla wafers
- 1 8 ounce block of reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3/4 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- berries for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set out eggs and cream cheese
- Prepare a cupcake tin with liners.
- Fill each liner with a vanilla wafer to be used as a crust.
- Using a mixer, combine softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add yogurt, egg whites, and flour. Do not overmix at this step.
- Fill the cupcake liners halfway with this cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for an hour. Top with berries or your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Some variations to try:
- crushed graham cracker crust
- crushed ginger snap crust
- crush chocolate wafer crust
- swap out vanilla yogurt for another flavor
- top with mini chocolate chips (or mix in?!)
- top with jam (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry)
There are countless possibilities! What variation would you like to make?
For more Pinterest inspired projects from this month’s Pinterest Challenge hosts, check out the links below ↓
My Pinterventures • Mom Home Guide Our Good Life • Farm Girl Reformed • Slices of Life Purple Hues and Me • Our Sutton Place • My Family Thyme Little Vintage Cottage • Life Beyond Kitchen
Now, let’s see what the other hosts have created ⇓⇓
- My Pinterventures – Easy Sweet Crepes Recipe
- Slices of Life – Pink Popcorn for Valentine’s Day
- Little Vintage Cottage – Keto Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
- Purple Hues and Me – Homemade Heart Sweet Treats
- Our Sutton Place – Vegan Mini Heart Shaped Brownies
- Mom Home Guide – Air Fried Strawberries & Cream Cheese Fondue Wontons
- Our Good Life – Chocolate Cherry Fudge
- My Family Thyme – Skinnytaste Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Farm Girl Reformed –
Hi! I need to try these! They look great! I’ve seen commercials for Noom but am not sure how it works. I will have to check it out!
That sounds great! My husband and I have been on Weight Watchers for a few years and I am always looking for ways to lighten up our meals and snacks. Pinned.
Oh, I heard of NOOM. I should give it a try. I have a no bake cheesecake in the fridge now, but this one probably would be better for my waistline 🙂 Pinned.
These sound so good and they look pretty too! Great job!
These are perfect for the 4th of July!! Or a picnic. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Can’t wait to make them. Pinned.