Add a simple and beautiful touch of Springtime to your home by decorating a lantern for Easter! Today I am sharing this quick and easy Easter decorating idea.
Hello! I am so excited to be joining a group of amazingly creative bloggers for the Pinterest Challenge, hosted by Cindy from CountyRoad407.com.
For this Pinterest Challenge, each month one inspiration photo is chosen and each of the participating bloggers use that photo to recreate something similar but in their own personal style.
This month we are celebrating Easter and decorating with lanterns!
If you are visiting from my friend Renee’s blog, Peacock Ridge Farm, welcome! I am so glad you’re here! Don’t you just love Renee’s style and her ideas for creating a pretty spring vignette?
Our beautiful inspiration photo comes from Ann from On Sutton Place.
Here in Connecticut, we have had a mild winter, until now. We had snow on Saturday and are anticipating more snow today. So although it is winter outside, I am preparing for spring inside. One easy way is to decorate a lantern for Easter!
Decorating a Lantern for Easter
I have had this neutral lantern for many years. It has been moved around, decorated seasonally, and displayed throughout my home. Today I am showing you how I added a couple of simple and beautiful touches to decorate this lantern for Easter. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy Easter decorating idea.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy here. Thank you for your support.
- Lantern: The one I have is from Pier 1 Imports and is no longer available. I have linked similar ones here and here.
- Rustic Wood Bunnies
- Artificial stems
- DIY Decoupaged Easter Eggs
How to Decorate a Lantern for Easter
- Add moss to the bottom of your lantern.
- Set in an Easter Bunny figurine of your choice. I love this set of rustic wood bunnies that I purchased from a small local business.
- Next, add a couple of faux stems. I had these cherry blossom stems left from last year. You can see how I used them here in 5 Easy Ideas to Welcome Spring Into Your Kitchen.
- Add a pop of color with Easter eggs. You may enjoy learning How to Make Decoupaged Easter Eggs.
- Finally, add a pretty ribbon and display.
Where Can You Display Your Decorated Lantern?
I first thought that I would display the lantern on my fireplace hearth, but then decided that I would try it on my side table in the dining room.
That’s the best thing about having neutral decor…you can move it around to different rooms.
Where would you display this Easter decoration in your home?
Thank you so much for visiting today! If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to reach out to me. I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or here on the blog!
Next, please head over to visit my friend, Carol from Bluesky at Home. You will love how Carol incorporated lanterns into her beautiful spring decorating!
And, please enjoy all of the wonderful ideas from my friends!