Learn how to make your own classic Christmas wreath. With realistic greens, along with red and white berries, you will love this traditional holiday DIY Christmas wreath.
Classic Christmas Wreath DIY
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And nothing welcomes the holiday season like a traditional, classic Christmas wreath! I love making wreaths and hanging them in my home for each season. Today I am going to show you how easy and budget-friendly it is to use a variety of greenery and berries to DIY a classic Christmas wreath!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy here. Thank you for your support.
For this wreath, I used a few simple supplies:
- evergreen wreath (I used a 24 inch wreath)
- floral wire cutters
- Gorilla® Dual Temp Full Size Hot Glue Gun
- Gorilla® Full Size Hot Glue Sticks
- artificial greenery and berries of your choice. I used artificial pines, juniper, white berries, and red berries
- ribbon of your choice
- floral wire for bow
To protect your fingers when using the hot glue, you may want to use these silicone finger protectors.
Shop the Supplies
Easy Step by Step Wreath Assembly
This wreath comes together so easily, in less than 30 minutes
- Lay your evergreen wreath down and fluff up all of the branches.
- Next, cut apart your berry stems and greenery stems, leaving a few inches of the stem.
- Arrange the greenery stems. When you are happy with the placement, bend the stem and add some hot glue. Tuck the stem into the wreath. BE VERY CAREFUL when using hot glue! I highly recommend using these hot glue finger protectors. You may also want to use a popsicle stick to tuck and press the stems into the wreath.
- Repeat the process with all of the greenery and berries.
- Then, use the ribbon of your choice to make a bow. I will be sharing a post and video soon.
- When finished, make a hanger from ribbon, twine or floral wire. Attach it to the back of the wreath.
- Hang and Enjoy!
Wreath Making Tips
- Before you begin, be sure to fluff of the branches of your evergreen wreath.
- Mix greenery for a variety of textures to elevate your wreath.
- I highly recommend using these hot glue finger protectors.
- You may also want to use a popsicle stick to tuck and press the stems into the wreath.
Where can I hang my wreath?
Hang your Classic Christmas Wreath on a door to welcome guests. You may also like to hang it on an on an interior door or wall for instant holiday decor. You may enjoy hanging it on a mirror too!
Enjoy more Simple DIY Christmas Crafts!
I hope you give this DIY Christmas wreath a try! Please let me know in the comments below if you make one of your own. If you post it, please tag me. I would love to see your beautiful creations!