Made with a wicker paper plate holder, a piece of felt, and a brown lunch bag, this adorable wicker paper plate holder pumpkin is a great fall craft for kids and crafters of all ages!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission, at NO additional cost to you.
Last summer when I was cleaning out my mom’s home, I found stacks of wicker paper plate holders. They had belonged to both my mom and my grandparents. Seeing them instantly brought me back to my childhood, enjoying summer barbecues in my grandparents’ backyard. I packed them up and brought them home.
A few months later, my friend and I were planning out some fall crafts for an after school craft class at our elementary school. I remembered the stacks of wicker paper plate holders in my closet. I had more than we could ever use, so I brought a few into school. We decided to use them to create a cute little jack-o-lantern face. The kids loved this project and I thought you would too!
Wicker Paper Plate Holder Pumpkin Materials
- wicker paper plate holder
- DecoArt acrylic paint in jack-o-lantern orange
- black felt
- brown paper lunch bag
- sponge brush
- artificial fall leaves
- chalk or chalk pen
- glue gun and glue
Simple Process to Make a Wicker Paper Plate Holder Pumpkin
- Using the DecoArt acrylic paint, paint the interior of the wicker paper plate holder. I used a simple and inexpensive sponge brush. This will be your pumpkin.
- When it is drying, create a fun face on the black felt with your chalk or chalk pen. There is no pattern. Just be creative and have fun!
- Using your scissors, cut out the felt pieces and glue them onto the painted wicker paper plate holder.
- Next, take the paper bag. Cut out a shape to make a stem.
- Twist the top of the paper bag to create a stem.
- Glue the stem to the back of the painted wicker paper plate holder.
- Use glue to add some artificial leaves and/or ribbon to decorate!
- Don’t forget to add a string to the back for hanging.
Such a simple and adorable fall craft project! This wicker paper plate holder pumpkin is a perfect fall craft to do with children, as well as crafters of all ages!
Let me know in the comments below if you give this project a try. If you post it, please tag me. I’d love to see a picture!