Using holiday bells and ribbon, make a Simple DIY Jingle Bell Ornament! Decorate your tree, embellish a gift, or hang this simple ornament on a doorknob for a festive touch!
Hello and Welcome to November’s Pinterest Challenge!
Each month, our lovely host Cindy from CountyRoad407.com, chooses a photo each month to inspire a group of creative blogging buddies. Using the inspiration photo, we recreate something similar, but in our own personal style.
Cindy put a little twist on the challenge this month. Instead of using an inspiration photo, the Pinterest Challenge for November is all about DIY Christmas ornaments! How perfect for the holiday season!
If you are visiting from Carol’s blog, Bluesky At Home, welcome! I am so glad you are here! Carol always shares such creative ideas and this challenge is no exception. Aren’t her jeweled Christmas ornaments so pretty?
Simple DIY Jingle Bell Ornament
Today I’ve got a simple ornament for you. It is pretty, festive, and so simple to make. It is the perfect craft to make with kids too!
This ornament is similar to the garland I recently used on my Christmas dining room table.
Decorate your tree, embellish a gift, or hang this simple ornament on a doorknob for a festive touch!
- Ribbon (I used two different types, one sheer and one patterned)
- Jingle Bells (I purchased mine at Dollar Tree)
How to Make a Simple DIY Jingle Bell Ornament
- Cut the sheer piece of ribbon to a length of about 18 inches long, or your desired length.
- Cut the patterned piece of ribbon to a length of about 9 inches long, or your desired length.
- Thread ribbon through the back of the jingle bell and tie it to secure it.
- Repeat, so you have one bell on each end.
- Cut the excess ribbon.
- Arrange bells, making a loop at the top. (I like to make them different lengths.) Tie patterned ribbon.
- Snip ends of ribbon and enjoy!
So simple, yet so pretty!
Next, head over to visit my talented friend Christy at Our Southern Home. You are going to love her decoupage chinoiserie ornaments! They’re so pretty!
And, don’t forget to check out all of the creative Christmas ornaments listed below!