At this week’s party, we have some gardening ideas to share with you, along with a tasty key lime treat! Tuesday Turn About #154 Hydrangeas, Lavender, and Lime!
Hello and Happy Tuesday!
This past weekend, Andy and I went to see the new Top Gun movie. It was so good. I felt like I was 13 again. Have you seen it?
We also saw Downton Abbey a couple of weeks ago. I loved it. I laughed and cried, and decided that I need to visit the south of France. Have you ever been?
Speaking of vacation…this is the last full week of school before summer vacation begins. This week will be a whirlwind of concerts, retirement celebrations, and end of the year activities.
School ending is always so bittersweet. Each year, my class becomes like a little family and while we are all excited for summer vacation, it is always a little hard to say goodbye. I adore those kiddos.
Summer vacation will bring a more relaxed schedule. I look forward to having time to blog more, and to enjoy gardening, as well as a little baking too. This week’s features include tips for growing hydrangeas, harvesting lavender and making key lime bars. I am excited to share this week’s features with you!
Be sure to hop over to My Wee Abode and Reinvented Delaware to check out SIX additional features from Tuesday Turn About! If you haven’t been featured at My Family Thyme this week, you may have been featured there!
Weekly Household Tip
Keeping your outdoor patio furniture clean and ready for guests is easier than you might think! Just add a little dish soap (I like Dawn) to a pail of warm water. Wipe the furniture with soapy water. Use your garden hose to rinse clean.
Weekly Blogging Tip
Another thing I need to work on is updating old posts/content.
Take an older post and add new/updated links and content that are fresh and valuable to your readers. Then republish using the same URL. You can even ask Google to ‘recrawl’ your post to have new eyes see the post!
Do you do this with your old content?
Though not a requirement at all, we would love it if you would subscribe and/or follow your hostesses on one or more of our social medias:
- My Family Thyme: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- Reinvented Delaware: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- My Wee Abode: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
My Family Thyme
My Wee Abode
Grow Beautiful Hydrangeas in Containers
Do you love beautiful hydrangea blooms, but don’t have the space to grow large bushes? Why not grow them in pots? Rita from Harbour Breeze Home showed us how to grow and care for hydrangeas with her post Simple Tips for Hydrangea Care in Pots.
Enjoy Lavender All Year Long
Do you enjoy the delicate, sweet scent of lavender? Would you like to enjoy it all year long? The fragrant dried lavender would be a wonderful addition to a wreath, a sachet, or in a display. Marie from Interior Frugalista shared her helpful tips for How To Harvest And Dry Lavender From The Garden.
A Creamy, Refreshing Treat
Are you looking for a cool, refreshing, easy to serve dessert at your next summer gathering? Michelle at Powered by Mom shared this Key Lime Bars Recipe. I can’t wait to try these creamy, flavorful bars!
Before you get started, take a look at our guidelines:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and pin from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t save your image, we may not be able to feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
Thank you so much for visiting me today! I am so grateful for you and appreciate you joining us each week. I look forward to seeing what you’re creating and sharing this week!