This post contains affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own.
Since I have been a little more mindful of what I am eating, I have a newfound love of spaghetti squash.
Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to your traditional pasta. This natural squash is gluten free, Whole30 friendly and complements these Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs wonderfully.
Did you know that one cup of traditional spaghetti pasta contains 43 grams of carbs, whereas one cup of spaghetti squash has only 7 grams of carbs?
Yes, I like that spaghetti squash is a healthier choice, but I dislike all of the time and effort it takes to cook it.
So, I have been playing with it…trying out different ways to cook it, without compromising the taste or texture.
We have had a lot of Spaghetti Squash recently. 🙂
In my opinion, this is the easiest and most delicious way to cook this versatile vegetable.
Follow these simple steps and have it ready in under 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke holes in the squash with a fork
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Place on cutting board and let sit for a minute.
- Cut ends off of squash and then cut squash in half.
- Remove seeds.
- Brush squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place face up in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Have you given spaghetti squash a try? What is your favorite way to prepare it? I would love to hear your thoughts.