I am so very honored and privileged to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I have been on an unexpected hiatus from blogging, but life is starting to get back to normal and I am happy to be back!
And what a great time it is to be back!
I am honored and thrilled to announce that My Family Thyme was one of the 11 blogs nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by For The Love of Teachers! Thank you so much! What a privilege it is to recognized by other bloggers! I am beyond excited!
I have found that the blogging community is so supportive and encouraging. It is definitely a place where people “pay it forward” and want to see each other succeed.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they do the following:
- thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
- nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer
- notify your nominees and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
Again, thank you so much to Christine from For The Love of Teachers for nominating My Family Thyme, a blog that is a place that began as a creative outlet, where I share my love of all things home. This includes sharing recipes, crafts, DIYs, home decor, and educational tips. I am so happy that My Family Thyme has reached so many people who share the same enthusiasm for family, home, and learning.
Here are my answers to Christine’s questions:
- What is your niche? Tell us a little bit about your blog. My Family Thyme is a place where I share recipes, DIYs, home decor, along with some educational tips.
- Why did you create your blog? When I was a little girl, I had dreamed of becoming a designer or an architect, but my love of teaching won. Although I enjoy what I do, there is still a part of me that loves all things home. As a wife and mom of two busy teens, I strive to keep our life simple and happy while working full-time. This blog has been a dream of mine for the past two years. I am an avid reader of home decorating and cooking blogs, and have been for the past few years. I feel like I have a connection with these ladies who share their thoughts, homes, projects, and recipes with their readers each day.
- What are your hopes and dreams for your blog? I would love to grow my readership. Eventually, I would like to monetize my blog to be able to begin earning enough money so that my blog is self supporting.
- How long have you been blogging? I did start my blog in 2015, but did not really start to take blogging seriously until the summer of 2016. This is when I took Abby Lawson’s course and decided to dedicate this year to learning.
- Which blogs do you follow that inspire you? There are so many…I follow so many blogs! Some of my favorites are Thistlewood Farms, Blesser House, Damn Delicious, Talk of the House, Finding Silver Pennies, Making Sense of Cents, and Julie Blanner.
- Do you blog full time or just as a hobby? Currently, I blog as a hobby. I would be open to any opportunities that a blog could offer.
- What are some mistakes or lessons that you learned about blogging? This blog has taught me about believing in myself and perseverance. I have taken photography classes and blogging courses, along with participating in countless webinars. I am proud of the progress I have made and it is a place where I am constantly learning new things.
- Why should others read your blog? Others should read my blog because it is real life. I am honest, forthright, and would only share projects, recipes, and tips that are reasonable and doable.
- How do you inspire others? I hope that I inspire others by being real. My family is not perfect and my house is not perfect. Sometimes we have cereal for dinner, and other times, we have ice cream. It’s ok to let perfection go and just enjoy life and your family.
- What are the biggest challenges with blogging? Time is my biggest challenge. There are so many things that I want to do and I don’t have the time to do it all. Another challenge is promoting my blog to gain readers. It can be very discouraging to write a post and have very few people read it. Again, this requires time to share and promote on social media.
- In what ways do you support others (bloggers) in helping them grow? One of the best things about blogging is the awesome community. I have connected with so many wonderful people that all have something unique to share. I share and promote other blogs and posts on social media. I love to collaborate with other bloggers in home tours, link parties, and recipe challenges.
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement in my blogging journey.
If you’d like to be nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award, please leave a comment below, along with the name of your blog.
I’m looking for bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring…those who want to support others.
My questions for those who are nominated next:
- What motivates you the most to blog?
- How do you inspire others?
- When did you begin your blog?
- How often do you blog?
- What are your goals for your blog?
- What is your niche? What made you chose your blog’s niche?
- How you get yourself motivated to write your blog?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- What blogs do you read?
- What post(s) are you most proud of?
- Who inspires you the most in life?
I look forward to connecting with you soon!