Fabulous Five Ingredient Raspberry Bars. A buttery shortbread cookie crust layered with sweet raspberry jam and topped with a sweet crumb topping is an easy homemade summer dessert!
Let’s celebrate the flavors of summer with these five-ingredient raspberry crumble bars. I was first introduced to these Raspberry Bars by my dear friend, Traci. She always brings them to get togethers and had first made them for my family many years ago. We all love the light, buttery crust combined with the sweet fruit filling.
Traci shared this easy and delicious recipe with me and is happy to have me share it with you.
It is so simple to bake a batch of these Raspberry Bars! Plus, they are easy to serve, which makes them perfect for summer entertaining!
Why You’ll Love Raspberry Bars
- These raspberry bars require only five ingredients.
- They are quick and easy to make.
- They are versatile. Other variations could include blueberry, strawberry, or blackberry jam…oh, the possibilities!
Raspberry Bar Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter – softened to room temperature
- Flour – all purpose
- Sugar – white granulated
- Seedless Raspberry Jam – Or, any jam of your choice!
How to Make Raspberry Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, combine butter, flour, sugar and egg and mix on low until crumbly.
- Press this mixture into a greased 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish.
- Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of the mixture for a crumb topping.
- Evenly spread raspberry jam onto the crust.
- Crumble reserved topping over the jam and press lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cut when cool and enjoy!
Tips and Suggestions
- Use room temperature ingredients. Let the butter and egg sit out so they are at room temperature.
- Use parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Experiment with a variety of flavors by trying different flavors of jam. I love making a blueberry version, using my homemade blueberry jam.
- Add 1 cup of chopped walnuts to the dough to add a mild, buttery flavor.
Fabulous Five Ingredient Raspberry Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 jar seedless raspberry jam 9-12 ounce jar
- Using an electric mixer on low setting, combine the first four ingredients until crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- Press the rest into a prepared 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Evenly spread entire jar of seedless raspberry jam on top of the crust.
- Crumble reserved topping over jam and press lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut when cool. Enjoy!