When I think of the football’s big game coming up in February, I think about the entertaining commercials and of course, the food!
This big game is all about party food.
Crispy, flavorful, and easy to make, these chicken nachos are the perfect game day snack. They come together effortlessly, so you can spend your time enjoying the game, rather than in the kitchen.
For these nachos, you will need a large bag of tortilla chips. a rotisserie chicken, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, and salt. For toppings, you can add black beans, a jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, black olives, and of course, cheese. LOTS of shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese!
Begin by shredding your grocery store rotisserie chicken. Since the chicken is already seasoned and cooked, you don’t have to add too much to it. Just a few spices with give it a great flavor, without being too spicy. Combine 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Put the chicken in a plastic Ziplock bag with spices and toss to coat. You might want to add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Spray a pan with non-stick spray and warm over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, layer a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread out chips on the baking sheet.
Add seasoned chicken and any toppings you might enjoy.
You might want to try some green onions or fresh cilantro…yum!
Now, they are ready for the oven.
Put them under the broiler for just a few minutes…checking frequently. Be careful not to get the parchment paper too close to the heating source in the oven.
You just want to warm them and melt that cheese.
You can serve them right from the baking tray…with fresh salsa and sour cream.
Enjoy the crispness of the tortillas with the combination of flavors!
Whether you are a New Englander, a fan of Atlanta, or just checking out those commercials, I hope have a safe and enjoyable football Sunday!
Give these chicken nachos a try…I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips
- 1 grocery store rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
- I can black beans, drained
- 1 can olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- grape tomatoes, halved or sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- sour cream
- green onion (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Shred rotisserie chicken.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- In a bag, add chicken, spices, and oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Warm chicken in a pan, sprayed with non-stick spray for about 10 minutes, over medium heat.
- While chicken is warming, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Add warmed, seasoned chicken. Add additional toppings.
- Warm under broiler, checking frequently.
- Be careful that the parchment paper does not get too close to the heating source.
- You just want to warm the nachos and melt the cheese.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.