Hello! If you are visiting for the first time, welcome to My Family Thyme! If you are a returning reader, thank you for visiting today. I am so happy you are here!
For the first time, I am participating in the $100 Room Challenge. This challenge is organized by Erin from Lemons, Lavender, and Laundry. The $100 Room Challenge is a 4 week challenge where a group of bloggers all join together and make over one room in their homes, while staying within a $100 budget. Each week’s progress is shared so you can see all of the transformations, from start to finish.
For this challenge, I have chosen to make some changes to my master bedroom. It is a room that I rarely share. Since we moved into our home about fifteen years ago, this room has virtually remained untouched. When I heard about the $100 Room Challenge, I knew it was the PERFECT time to join in and make this room feel like a retreat for me and my husband.
Let’s take a look at what I am starting with. This room has many good features. I love its size and hardwood floors. The slight slant of the ceiling makes it feel cozy. I did paint this room just a couple of years ago, but other than slapping up a little paint and hanging some valances, this room has gone untouched. It is definitely time for a change.
Teddy is my right hand guy and follows me around the house. So, naturally, he is in all of my “before” pictures!
To stay within the $100 budget, I will be completing a few DIY projects, watching for sales, and shopping my home. I can’t wait to get started!
- My plan to lighten up the dark, dated exposed brick with lime wash. I have never used lime wash before, but with the help of Pinterest, I have found some great tutorials, including this one from Lauren at Blesser House.
- Along with lime wash, we would like to add some character to this room by creating a wall of board and batten. I have also never done board and batten, so again, Pinterest to the rescue!
- The white trim needs to be freshened up with a fresh coat of paint.
- We would like to add a second night stand.
- If time and the budget allows, I would like to make or add new curtains.
- I will restyle accessories.
Be sure to follow along and check out the projects and progress of all the transformations in the $100 Room Challenge!