My son, Chris, has been away at school for about a month and a half. As proud as I am of him and excited for all his new learning and adventures, I miss him terribly. He is coming home for a quick visit next week and I can’t wait to see him!
When he’s home, I plan to make a few of his favorite meals. This is one of my favorites too. Not only is it a healthy and delicious dinner, but you can make this entire stove-top meal in under 30 minutes, with very little clean up. This Oriental Pasta is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal that will become a family favorite!
The ingredients are super simple and are items that you may already have on hand. All you need is 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef, rotini pasta, tomato sauce, a can of mushrooms, soy sauce, ginger, a small onion (or 1/2 large), a pepper, pea pods, and some grape tomatoes.
Begin by preparing water to boil pasta according to directions.
In a separate pan, brown a pound of ground turkey (or beef) with 1 small onion (or 1/2 large) diced, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. Break the meat apart as it is browning. Now, your kitchen is starting to smell wonderful…that fragrant ginger combined with the soy sauce. At this point, your family may start asking you, “What’s for dinner?”
Add one 4-ounce can of mushrooms and one 8-ounce can of tomato sauce. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring. Add cooked pasta to meat mixture and combine.
Serve this Oriental Pasta warm with fresh Parmesan cheese and enjoy the crunch of the fresh veggies with the flavorful sauce!
All of this flavor in one pan! Let me know if you enjoy this quick and delicious meal.
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 small onion or ½ large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground giner
- 1 4 ounce can mushrooms
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 package rotini pasta
- 1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- grape tomatoes (whole or halved)
- fresh pea pods
- Prepare water to boil pasta according to directions.
- Brown ground turkey or beef with diced onion, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Break apart meat as it is browning.
- Add mushrooms and tomato sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for five minutes, stirring.
- Add pasta to meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Toss in pepper strips, pea pods and tomatoes.
- Cook until heated thoroughly. Enjoy!
If you would like to save this post for later, you can pin it here: