Welcome to My Family Thyme!
My name is Lynne and I am so happy to meet you!
When I was a little girl, I had dreamed of becoming a designer or an architect, but my love of teaching won. Although I enjoy what I do, there is still a part of me that loves all things home. As a wife and mom of two busy teens, I strive to keep our life simple and happy while working full-time. This blog has been a dream of mine for the past two years. I am an avid reader of home decorating and cooking blogs, and have been for the past few years. I feel like I have a connection with these ladies who share their thoughts, homes, projects, and recipes with their readers each day. Today is the day that I take a leap of faith and join this community. Won’t you join me?
A little About Me:
- I live in New England with my husband, my two teenagers, CJ and Lis, and our furry boy, Teddy.
- I have been married for 19 years to my best friend. We met at a party after our college graduations, where I interrupted him to tell him that I disagreed with him. Oops! I love that he supports and encourages me, laughs with me, and gives me another perspective on life. 🙂
- We are blessed with two teenagers. CJ is 17, about to be a senior in high school. He is a hard-working, thoughtful, and intelligent young man. He is very loyal and protective to those he cares for. When I look at him, I see a man, who still has the heart of a little boy.
- Lis is 14 years old, about to be a freshman in high school. She is the strongest and most determined young lady I know. Whether it be at home, in the classroom, or on the field, you can rest assure she is always giving 100 percent.
- Teddy, our yellow lab, completes our family. He is a rescue dog, full of energy, who loves people and life! He sheds constantly and we joke that we could easily clone him with all the dog hair I vacuum daily. Dog hair aside, I wouldn’t trade him for the world!
- Faith is a very important part of my life and our family’s life. Volunteering and being an active participant in our community is very important to us.
- Teaching is part of who I am. Is it what I have been doing for most of my life and I couldn’t imagine my life without it. On this site, you can expect me to share some easy and practical ideas to help your kiddos.
- All things “home” have always been an interest for me. During my childhood, I loved my kitchen set and dollhouse. I was constantly rearranging the dollhouse furniture and accessories to redecorate. As I got older, I couldn’t wait for my mom’s Better Homes & Gardens magazine to arrive in the mailbox so I could check out the home articles and try out new recipes. I developed an interest in architecture and would constantly draw plans and “blueprints” of fictional homes. By the time I was a teenager, I had taken a great interest in my childhood home…taking care of the yard, planting, painting, and even refinishing floors. I was not afraid of a project and was always willing to learn. Thanks goodness, my mom was patient and encouraged me to give these projects a try!
- I began this blog as a way of sharing ideas and also a means of growth for myself. Along with all things home, I have always had an interest in technology. I actually have a very outdated Master’s Degree in technology! This blog is a way for me to incorporate both interests, while learning new things everyday.
- I love people and this is such a great platform to connect with others. I look forward to “meeting” you!
Please click here to see My Family Thyme’s Policies
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at: email@example.com